Room For Doubt - For Further Study
Jesus said, "Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you." (Mt 7:7) We've leaned heavily on this throughout our Room For Doubt series at BGCC and now that it's over I wanted to pass on a few additional resources for further study. These resources can help you discover for yourself the truth about God and hopefully lead you home to him. If you have other resources you like, feel free to post them in the comments; I'd love to hear about them.
- www.RoomForDoubt.com - Is the website from our most recent series and it has a great library of online resources and downloadable articles for those looking for the truth about God. Once you're on their site click on the "Examine" link to see a list of resources by topic.
- www.ReasonableFaith.org - This website is authored by William Lane Craig and is a treasure trove of great resources. There are several short videos that take very complex arguments for God and make them approachable and applicable.
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism - This is one of my favorite books that makes a good solid case for believing in God. It is written by Timothy Keller who pastors a church in New York city and is for people who live in the real world.
- The Case for Christ - Lee Strobel's bestselling book chronicling his journey from atheism to trusting Christ. It recounts his own questions and the evidence he found so persuasive. Strobel is a journalist by trade so it is a compelling read with a lot of great information.
- The Problem of God: Answering a Skeptic's Challenges to Christianity - is on my reading list and looks like a fresh new approach to answering the questions we all ask about faith. This book is a little unique in that it also includes a section defending the ethics Christians are called to live out.
- Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense - This book goes a little beyond the simple arguments for God and explores Christianity at a philosophical level. N.T. Wright is a great thinker and communicator; this book illustrates why he is such a compelling voice for faith today.
God is not playing hide and seek with us - he wants to be found! He has left us clues tucked in scripture, nature, our sense of morality, and even in our sense of justice, which lead straight to him. That said, these clues are sometimes hard to see and the step of faith is difficult to make. We all have doubts, I know I do, but God is surrounding us with his truth encouraging us to take the step of faith towards him.